1. COOLUM Beach’s poster boy Julian Wilson is expected to compete in the latter stages of the J-Bay Open in South Africa (Friday, Fox Sports 3, 4pm). He’s got a quarter final clash with Gabriel Medina. Wilson is 15th on the Championship Tour rankings after five of 10 events. He was sixth overall last year.
2. THE country’s top motocross riders will compete in round seven of the MX Nationals (Sunday, Conondale, 8.30am). It should be hotly contested, with leader Kirk Gibbs facing a challenge from Todd Waters and Dean Ferris in the marquee MX1 division. There’s an impressive jump which is part of the course.
3. THERE’S plenty of Queensland Basketball League action this weekend. The Sunshine Coast Phoenix Clippers will collide with Bundaberg (Saturday, 5.30pm for women, 7.30pm for men, Buderim) while the Sunshine Coast Rip will also meet Bundaberg (Sunday, 1pm for women, 3pm for men, Sippy Downs). Both clubs also play away during the weekend.
4. PEREGIAN Beach’s Steven Bowditch is set to resume his Open Championship campaign in round two at (Today, Fox Sports 4, 3.30pm.). The powerful hitter has experienced an up-and-down season but is a two-time winner on the US PGA Tour.
5. A SHORT drive and you can catch the Sunshine Coast Falcons in a crunch game in the Intrust Super Cup. In pursuit of a finals berth, the 10th-placed side will meet 11th-placed Norths (Saturday, Nundah, 4pm). The Falcons are coming off the back of a couple of losses so will be desperate to get back into shape.
By Steele Taylor of Sunshine Coast Daily
Click here for original article