GETTING TO THE SUNSHINE COAST STADIUM
Sunshine Coast Stadium is located at 31 Sportsmans Parade, Bokarina. Just over an hours drive North of Brisbane, QLD.
Park & Walk
Take the opportunity to park around Lake Kawana and walk along the scenic path to the venue.
Parking is available at various location around the Lake and the walking path travels the complete distance around the Lake.
Cycling to the Sunshine Coast Stadium is a fantastic alternative - the wind in your hair, the sunshine on your face, reducing the number of cars on the road, getting active, beautiful scenery and a chance to say g'day to fellow riders as you pass. WOW, there really are just so many benefits!!
Please remember to cycle safely...
- Be visible. Wear bright colours; flashing lights are also great for visibility
- Carry water with you - the Sunshine Coast sun can be quite warm, so make sure you drink plenty of water and ride at cooler times of the day if possible
- Be sunsafe - wear sunscreen and cover up where possible
- Be road aware. Allow room for speeding traffic to pass safely
- Give way to pedestrians and other users of the footpath
- Keep to the left of the road and overtake on the right
- Sound the bell when approaching the back of another cyclist or pedestrian before passing on the right
- Limit the use of headphones and mobile phones as they reduce your awareness
- Consider using a bicycle mirror
- Carry tools for repairs, flat tyres, etc.
- Know your route. A missed turn can be a hot mistake
Bicycle racks can be located at the Southern end of the Stadium on Sportsmans Parade
If you are driving to the Sunshine Coast Stadium, how about filling the seats in your car and travelling with a friend or two? Carpooling is a great way to save some petrol money and reduces the number of cars on the road, therefore reducing pollution and traffic congestion at the venue. Plus you'll only have to find one car park instead of two.
Translink Bus Routes 600 and 602 run North and South along Nicklin Way on a regular basis. Patrons can disembark at the following stops:
- Northbound: Nicklin Way at Quad Park (301537) or Nicklin Way at Main Drive (301536)
- Southbound: Nicklin Way at Main Drive (301535) or Nicklin Way at Quad Park (301538)
For further information on public buses, patrons can visit www.translink.com.au
Suncoast Cabs are available for hire for patrons travelling to and from the Sunshine Coast Stadium. Suncoast Cabs can be contacted on 131 008
Uber is available on the Sunshine Coast for patrons to utilise to get to and from the Sunshine Coast Stadium. Patrons will need to have the Uber app activated on the Smartphone in order to use this service.
Pick Up / Drop Off Zones
For major events, pick up and drop off zones will be located on Sportsmans Parade and Nicklin Way. These areas will be clearly marked so patrons are aware of where they are located.
For Major events, car parking will cost $10 per car and will be payable be cash or Eftpos. Maps showing the various parking locations and entry points will be released prior to major events so that patrons are aware of where to go.
Parking restrictions apply throughout Bokarina. Parking on nature strips, areas of open space and parkland is not permitted and we have been advised the fines of up to $375 may be issued per vehicle parked illegally. Please also be considerate of residents by not parking across driveways.
Remember to watch out for cyclists when you are on the road!!